How does a successful aviation photographer make the leap from snapping aircraft shots for major airlines to launching a collection of aviation-themed clothing? If you’re Laird Kay, it’s about style. Kay began, like many other AvGeek plane spotters, taking photos of aircraft at his nearest major airport, Toronto-Pearson International (YYZ). “People on social media were looking at my photos and saying ‘that would make a great t-shirt – I would love that,’” says Kay.
- Awesome cargo planes: Transporting goods around the world
- Guess Where I’m Calling From?
- Self-Driving – Airport Transportation That Knows Where It’s Going
- Four million parts, 30 countries: How an Airbus A380 comes together
- 10 things that happen before your plane can take off
- Inside Air Canada’s cloud-surfing photo shoot
All Rights Reserved
Stories & Photos
(unless otherwise credited)
© Howard Slutsken