The Airbus Perlan Mission II is a major step closer to the goal of sustained, piloted flight at 90,000ft following the successful first flight of the Perlan 2 experimental glider. Launching early in the morning 23 September from the Redmond Municipal Airport in Redmond, Oregon, chief pilot Jim Payne and team pilot and project manager Morgan Sandercock were towed aloft by a Piper Pawnee towplane.
- Awesome cargo planes: Transporting goods around the world
- Guess Where I’m Calling From?
- Self-Driving – Airport Transportation That Knows Where It’s Going
- Four million parts, 30 countries: How an Airbus A380 comes together
- 10 things that happen before your plane can take off
- Inside Air Canada’s cloud-surfing photo shoot
All Rights Reserved
Stories & Photos
(unless otherwise credited)
© Howard Slutsken